Monday, October 1, 2012

Trail Magic'd - Mile 2332.3 & 2350.1 - 9/27-28

So started the day around normal time and it was chilly! The mornings hike was hazy from a fire as well which meant no good view of Mt. Rainer, as usual fire has screwed me out of another view. Coming down the mountain towards Chinook Pass there were tons of dayhikers out enjoying the nice weather. I stopped and had a bunch of great conversations with quite a few people before getting to the note. Right before the pass there was a note for PCT hikers saying there was tons of food five miles down the road from Sam from Ollalie campground who I met down by Mt. Jefferson. I didnt know it was her until she pulled up. Down at her camp she had tons of food, snacks, soda and beer. Two other hikers were already there and had been there for a few days. With the word of the group behind us coming in tonight as well I stayed and all of us had a good time hanging around for the night. Even towards the end of the trail little hiker bubbles of people form and are able to have a nice night of fun all of which is thanks to Sam who is quite a generous trail angel.

After pancakes in the morning I put in a solid day with a partial view of Rainer and I hiked into the night a little bit and escaped a potential day off at Sam's trail magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment