Monday, October 1, 2012

Leaving Packwood - Mile 2322.8 - 9/26

So I tried to leave the bustling logging town of Packwood yesterday afternoon and after around two hours of hitching Spins and I got another night. This morning was looking pretty similar until a guy in a huge semi pulled over. At first I thought he was just pulling over to get out tithe gas station but he honked his horn and swung the passenger door open. The guy was transferring fruits and veggies from Yakima to Olympia forthwith farmers market and normally didn't take this route but did today just our luck!

The hike out was pretty uneventful and of coarse as it started to get dark we entered Mt. Rainer National Park and it was pretty country. Lucky the moon
was bright and as I turned a corner u came across the darkening silhouette of Rainer with the sun set behind it and clouds darkening overtop it. It was a pretty remarkable sight. I hike for a few miles more with the sounds of elk calling everywhere until I got to camp and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment