Monday, September 3, 2012

Lucifer and Devils Peak - Mile 1824.3 - 8/29

Still really cold out this morning and Navi strolled by early followed by Flagman around 7:30 am which, for him I pretty late. Got moving and my feet still were a little sensitive but feeling better. I tried to keep a slow pace and walk lightly for the day to see if that would help. I caught up to Navi who was moving quite gingerly as well and is going through similar pains in her feet. Before lunch I climbed up Shale Butte to a beautiful exposed view. I continued on the ridgeline and crossed over and down Devils Peak which was a fantastic outcrop. The later half of the day consisted of walking through a relatively recent burn area which probably occurred in the last two years. After about 18 miles my feet were at it again. My frustration turned to anger and I stomped out the last bit of the day. Spins and I set up camp and a few hundred feet away Flagman was set up. 11 miles tomorrow and I'll be at Mazama Village in Crater Lake National Park where I sent my six and a half day resupply box to get me 160 miles to Bend. There's also a restaurant there and I've been craving a big ol' juicy burger. Sweet things to dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment