Monday, September 3, 2012

Mazama Village - Mile 1834.5 - 8/30

Got up and out early, the thought of town food always motivates me to do so! Cruised through the eleven miles an walked the highway for a mile down into the touristland of the park. I got my package, took a shower, and did laundry, the essentials. There was quite a pull to hang around, the beer was cheaper than soda at the campground store. Flagman got breakfast at the restaurant and recommended the food which was good because you don't know how good or bad national park food is. I hung around the store in the afternoon shooting the shit with Flagman, Navi, and a few others then hit the restaurant for a big ol' greasy burger. When I went back to the store I found out that one of the workers in the park set up a water cache ten mile ahead to cut down the 27 mile waterless stretch. I also learned that the trail north of Crater Lake had been reopened because the fire crew got the wildfire under control which was good news so Spins, Navi, and I headed up to Rim Village for a little cell service (and more town food). The three of us hiked another mile or so onto the rim of Crater Lake and set up camp so that we'd have a great spot for sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment