Monday, August 13, 2012

Relaxed By the Water - 8/8

So all of us hiked to the campstore in the park where we filled up on ice-cream, hot dogs, and snacks. Then we ate more and more...then most of us ventured down to Burney Falls. The falls were quite impressive especially the cool spring-like water. Scooter and I jumped in he was in for a while but not me that water was cold enough to take all the oxygen from my lungs and I was out of the water almost as quick as I got in! On the trail ahead of us was a few thousand foot uphill in exposed heat so everyone near the falls was a tad unmotivated to get moving. Spins and I left and got up the hill to a rushing cold creek with small swimming holes and promptly jumped on in. We liked the area much that we called it a day and set up camp. It was nice to soak and rest up for the afternoon became we planned to start a early hiking schedule tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment