Sunday, August 12, 2012

Trail Magic Everywhere! - 8/7

Started out to finish the other 15 miles of waterlessness and made it about 8 miles before coming across hikers sitting around a cooler. Sweet glorious trail magic which was just replenished this morning! Ice and soda which was perfect for this already hot morning. The ice was just as fantastic as the soda being so hot! I then hiked up to a fish hatchery for lunch with Papasmurf, Scooter, and Spins. After an extended lunch break we all hiked through a pretty well worn area with a bunch of off-road tracks everywhere and sure enough, I said to Scooter that I'm feeling more trail magic ahead. 10 minutes later we met up with Randy and his dog at a picnic table with a bunch of hikers trail names written on it. Randy had set up the bench for hikers to carve or write there trail names on and had a bunch of water, soda and candy there as well. I also met four hikers I had yet to meet, Cactus, Extra Credit, Hollywood, and Trip. I finally met Trip! I carried this guys IPod for hundreds of miles before relaying it up trail with another hiker at the Saufleys over 1000 miles ago! So those four Scooter, Spins, and myself hiked to the PCT camp right before Burney Falls State Park. Papasmurf and Janet were there and this was one of the larger crowds of people I have hiked with in quite a while. I went to sleep excited for Burney Falls tomorrow, I've been told that they are pretty spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment