Saturday, June 16, 2012

Still Windy To Town - 6/9

I thought after going up off the Mojave desert floor and through the wind farm my windy experience would be over....I was wrong very wrong. Coming down the mountain towards the highway the ridgeline was full of wind turbines. I saw this from afar and thought dammit here we go again!

The wind blew me up the trail, the wind blew me down the trail, the wind more often blew me off the trail and the biggest pain of it all trying to not get sunburned with a hat on. That hat stayed on my head and I have no idea how.

As I got closer to the road I saw multiple vehicles and bright colored people and passed search and rescue guys going up into the wind for a practice drill. When I got down I chatted with one of the people in charge an they asked if I was willing to be interviewed by the chief and agreed. He told me it'd be two questions. About twenty random question later they gave me a ride in a old bronco search and rescue cruiser to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment