Saturday, June 16, 2012

Out, Up, and Hot! - Mile 577 - 6/13

Left town by the public bus, which dropped me off on the side of a highway where the trail was. I figured it was my stop because there was freaking nothing but desert an an overpass surrounding there.

It was a little before noon and boy was that sun hot. There was little to no wind and I had a good 2500 feet or so to go up exposed with no shade. It sucked. But it cooled off and cooled off under juniper trees near the top and continued until dinner. The worst part is that this is a 17 mile waterless stretch. I carried out four liters (1 gallon) of water and most of it went fast because it was so dry and so hot out. But I'm camped six miles from the next water source so I'm going to make the half liter I have left last that long tomorrow morning until I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment