Friday, August 17, 2012

Relatively Flat (meaning uphill) - Mile 1571.1 - 8/15

Indiana Toad and Chocolate Chipmunk left camp around seven which was a perfect alarm clock for me to get packed and going. Today looked on the map as a day of some gradual uphill but mostly flat so the miles should go by pretty effortlessly. The end of the day has a nice climb but it's nothing I haven't seen before. It was still hazy today but the smokiness wasn't as bad which was good for my lungs because yesterday morning felt like I was being choked. With the clearing of the haze also meant that the sun shone with all it's heat down upon us. It's august, it's humid, and it's exposed. The temperatures are near 100 the desert is back in full force. Even with the heat the day went pretty smoothly. Towards the end of the day I started the uphill and ran into thickets of blackberries and started filling my cup (and mouth) as full as possible. When I arrived to the top, I was greeted by two familiar faces, set up camp and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment