Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rebecca Jean's Back! (in and out of Independence, Ca) - Mile 789.1 - 6/29-30

After Forester Pass I continued down an then very steeply up to the Bullfrog Lake Trail which connects to the Kearsarge Trail that leads to Independence, Ca. Bullfrog lake was very beautiful just like the people I met around Mt. Whitney said and I planned to camp there when I leave town. At the pass, I saw how they get food and gear to the ranger station, a pack animal train. The man on the main horse must really trust the horse to be on the edge of a gravelish mountain because watching him ride up made me nervous an I wasn't even the person doing it. The trail down was very steep and at the base was a campground that Tom from Kennedy Meadows was trail angeling at. He gave us a ride down thousands of feet to the desert town of Independence. I got my resupply box from the PO and got a room for the night. Marvin, Debbie and her daughter drove up to hang out with Spins, myself, Heavy and Cheers. They brought a grill and whipped up sone fantastic carne asada and veggie burritos and beer as well as fruit. They stuffed us full of food and we all had a great time till late in the night. Thanks Again you guys!

The next morning I got some subway to pack out and we planned out meeting Marvin and Debbie again in South Lake Tahoe which is going to be a lot of fun. We all got a picture together and they took off in Rebecca Jean (Marvin's big ass truck). Tom picked us up and drove us back up to the trailhead and I hoofed it up with a super heavy pack to camp around Bullfrog Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment