Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Leaving Mammoth - Mile 920 - 7/12

It was difficult, I admit it but I spent my time well in Mammoth (mostly stuffing my face with food) and it was time to take the shuttle to Red's Meadow and get back on trail. I started out in the early afternoon and it was a gradual gain in elevation for a while. While going up the view to the left was of a beautiful mountain range and a few lakes. Shadow lake in particular stood out because it had a massive waterfall draining into the valley. Eventually the trail got steeper and the sky grew darker. I ended up camping with Papa Smurf and his girlfriend who was out for a few days. I met Papa Smurf at Muir Pass and he's quite a character. The man's probably in his late fifties/ early sixties and hike fast and long mile days. He has also done the AT before as well and was nice to talk to at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment