Friday, June 1, 2012

KOA - Mile 444 - 5/30

Slept very well, which is a rarity, and left the campground heading for another ranger station about six miles away for a nice breaktime and water re-up. I took a look at the map for the day and saw that there was a Kampground of America at mile 444 with showers, a pool, a campground store, and a restaurant which makes and delivers Chinese, American, Italian, and Mexican. Needless to say I had some motivation to hoof it over there and relax from the increasing heat. Arrived at the KOA and was not alone in thought because there was another 15 or so other hikers who were swimming or stuffing there face with Chinese food. The Saufley's house, trail angels who host their place known as Hiker Heaven, is only ten miles from the KOA so I figured I would hike out of the KOA later in the afternoon but it never happened and I called it a night after too much Chinese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment