Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Roadwalking - Mile 408 - 5/28

Woke up pretty late with the sub already beaming and got everything packed together and ready around eight in the morning. Recently I have been more sore, more tired, and less motivated to get up in the morning. I've coined a term for it, RTD, residual town dehydration, because when I'm in town I drink primarily coffee in the morning and beer at night thus super dehydrating myself for the duration of my town stays. It usually takes a few day of rehydrating to catch up so thus I feel this way.

After checking out the map and looking at the detour options, I chose the most efficient and shortest which was the road. It was a glorious roadwalk even including walking through a tunnel along Highway 2. I hiked the first half o the day along the highway then rejoined the PCT around mile 401.5. I planned on hiking until mile 411 where there was water but found a really nice spot at mile 408ish. Ended the day early, got a game of cards in after dinner and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment