Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Out of Wrightwood - mile 386 - 5/27

After a night spent in a generous man, Bob's guest house just outside Wrightwood, I finally hiked out yesterday. Sidenote: Bob has the most awesome converted minivan I have ever rode in there's a picture at the bottom, he said it's his Mexican beach cruiser. After four steady miles I climbed up a few thousand feet up Mount Baden Powell. The mountain is very popular with day hikers, especially being memorial day weekend, and it was a busy place. My favorite part of the mountain though was the twisted and gnarly weathered pines around the summit. They are estimated to be 1500 years old.

Coming down the mountain was full of wonderful views and coincidentally enough I ended up running into Leti on the trail who let me stay at her place for two days in Wrightwood. What are the chances! I ended up camping by the roadside because today I have to do a detour for an endangered species of frog which includes a good bit of roadwalking.

No comments:

Post a Comment