Saturday, September 15, 2012

Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood - Mile 2112 - 9/15

Got up with motivation to get to the lodge and fill my belly with all sorts of tasty buffet goodness. The terrain in was a bit rough the closer you got to the lodge. This was because it was sitting on the base of the massive Mt. Hood. Timberline Lodge is pretty well known as the lodge that was used in the film The Shining. It's a huge and grand building which is always a fun thing to stumble upon when hiking.

We arrived in time for the lunch buffet which consisted of steak, salads, fruits, breads, and a bunch of deserts. I ate and ate and then ate some more. It took around three hours to get me slightly motivated and moving after all that food. I was soooooooo full. Disgustingly full. On the border of throwing it all up full. I think you get my point. I got my money's worth! We got our resupply packages and charged our phones (mainly stalling to digest) and hiked out around five. We made it our or five more miles before setting up camp on the edge of a ridge on the side of Mt. Hood looking out at Mt. Jefferson in the distance as the sun set. Pretty sweet day. T-minus two days until the Oregon/Washington border!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment