Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Gorge into Cascade Locks - Mile 2155 - 9/17

This was, by far, one of the prettiest sections of trail that I have been on in the past few hundred miles, and it wasn't the official PCT (common theme). The Eagle Creek side trail is taken by almost every PCT hiker and after hiking down the gorge into Cascade Locks I understand why. The Indian springs sidetrail to the eagle creek trail was two miles strait down steep steep steep ridges and then came out the beautifully graded and overly scenic eagle creek trail. The Eagle Creek trail follows the river down the gorge with waterfalls and swimming hikes galore. I also hiked behind a waterfall, Tunnel Falls and crossed over multiple high elevation bridges over the river down the gorge. There were plenty of dayhikers out and about and with such a beautiful area I understand why. Coming down into Cascade Locks I walked past the Bridge of the Gods which crosses over the Columbia River into Washington which I'll be hiking past tomorrow. For now it's time to stuff my face with town food and hang out in Oregon for one more night. Washington tomorrow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment