Saturday, September 15, 2012

Snow??? - Mile 2067 - 9/13

So heading out an down presented interesting morning challenges. Snow hiking in the morning meant icy hiking. I wear sandals and these sandals have over 800 miles of wear on them, it was more like snow sliding than hiking. The first snowfield I slowly walked across the second I said screw it and sat down and slid down it. That was the much easier option. This mornings hike is about as much snow that I have hiked around and across than pretty much all of California. It was nice to so something different.

Lunch was spent at the Ollalie Lake Store which had pretty much nothing as far as snacks or non-trail food but did have a beautiful lakefront view of Jefferson. The rest of the day was spent going around buttes and I ended up camping at the saddle of one of the buttes.

No comments:

Post a Comment