Saturday, August 11, 2012

24 Into Sierra City - mile 1197.5 - 7/29

The prospect of hiking a big day with a shower, ribs, and beer waiting at the end is enough motivation to get any thru-hiker to hike fast to town. I had two uphills to conquer in the morning and then it's all down to town. The entire morning I had a daydream of slow motion style commercials of hot saucy ribs and a ice cold beer in a glass. Good god I was hungry for town food. My stomach on the other hand was flipping out and I wasn't to thrilled. I'm guessing that my chemical water treatment. I have a filter so I'm going to pump water for a while and if my stomach gets better I'll know why. I arrived at the Red Moose Inn which is a nice place for hikers and I saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in hundreds of miles. It felt good to see that there are still a bunch of hikers around. I got my beer and ribs and ice cream so my town food craving was more than satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment