Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Silverwood Lake Area Mile 334.5 - 5/21

Started the morning going uphill after a good nights sleep and hiked seven or so miles until taking a snack break. The heat was pretty killer and I was feeling rather sweaty and salty by the time I got to my lunch spot.

It just so happens that my lunch spot was at a picnic area on Silverwood Lake, which is a damed up area in the desert mountains so the lake looked a tad out of place. There were already a good number of hikers enjoying the shade and water when I got there and promptly relaxed in the shade before taking a dip in the freezing lake. It was cold, but it felt so good...so good. After lunch hiked out and walked another eight or so miles until I found a nice campspot along the ridge putting my day at 20.5 miles. Watching the sunset again over the mountains before the stars come out never gets old. Tomorrow I hit Cajon Pass which has a McDonalds and a Subway so I will be stuffing my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment