Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sonora Pass - Mile 1018.5 - 7/18

Going up was awesome. I rarely say that ever but it was beautiful, stunning and I mean words don't do well in placing how sweet the view was, so I took lots of pictures. It was windy as hell and I actually walked across the most snow I have so far and got to glissade which should have happened frequently in the Sierra but there was no snow. For all of you who don't know what glissading is (probably everyone) it's a technical term for sliding down snow faces on your butt. It was fun...very fun. So I took my wet butt up and over and down to the pass where there were two cruise america rental RV's. Wolverine and Typo got a ride already and Spins and I set out to hitch a ride. One of the guys in the RV's gave us each a beer which was wonderful hydration after not drinking water for eleven miles. After a bit of time and no luck the other man in the RV came up and asked us if we needed a ride. So we definitely took the opportunity to ride 30 miles in an RV. The family ended up being from Austria, a husband, wife an their daughter. They were out and about cruising around the parks. They treated us to more beer, cookies, and bagel sandwiches. The hitches have gotten better and better. We got to 395 and Typo and Wolverine were sitting looking miserable (well Wolverine was) and this fantastic family picked them up to. (and made them sandwiches to!) We got to town and did our town things. Bridgeport is a small little place but the town has what we need hotels, food, beer, and more food. It's a nice little place right outside the mountains. Tomorrow I'll be back at it on my way to Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment