Thursday, July 19, 2012

1000 MILES!!! - Mile 1007.2 - 7/17

I survived the night...no bears. I heard some mice moving around which put me in a momentary state of concern. The day looked gradual on the map and that was relieving because my body was getting a bit sore. It didn't matter though today I crossed over the thousand mile mark. Soon enough I'll be halfway! I walked through a huge and beautiful valley in the morning and then had lunch at Dorothy Lake another stunning spot. I really didn't pay attention to what was ahead today and didn't expect a massive lake with craggy mountains so it was a really nice surprise. The rest if the day went smoothly and the campsite was the last water until Sonora Pass 11 miles ahead so stopped early for the day but still got a little over 19 miles done. Got a big fire going and it got cold quick. Bridgeport tomorrow and a big ol' uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment