Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 19 - To Lincoln!!

June 7th
17 Miles
Three Bears Motel

Getting up and out early this morning was a success. We were hiking by six and being so high up we were in the clouds this morning. I love misty mornings especially on top of mountains and I got my fix. When the sun burned off some of the clouds it revealed a cloud covered range of mountains with peaks jutting out. The hiking today was strenuous but generally moving downhill towards Lewis and Clark Pass. With a couple miles to the pass I left hiking with Spins to gun it to the pass because it was the only spot that has water for the day and it was downhill a decent bit off trail. I figured the time I saved running down the mountain would even out Spins' consistent pace and it would save time and get us to town quicker. While at the pass I noticed the sign which stood recognizing Lewis' journey over this very pass back east on July 7th 207 years earlier. It was really cool to coincidentally be hiking over the pass on the same day. The next right miles were rough and Spins and I made it to Rogers Pass and got a hitch from a couple from Fort Collins, CO vacationing in Lincoln. Getting into town we decided to get a room at the Three Bears Motel owned my Kevin and Louanne who moved here from West Virginia a couple years back. They are so accommodating and nice to hikers and are overall wonderful people and its so comforting to have such great people when you reach town, it really shines a light on the whole town itself and makes the place that much more special. Also after nine days out I'm ready for a shower and some town food  mmm mmm.





1 comment:

  1. I second your recommendation for Three Bears Motel, it's the best in town. I go there periodically on business and have tried them all.

    ReplyDelete