Friday, October 5, 2012

Brrrrrrrr Beautiful Brrrrrrrr - Mile 2430.7 - 10/2

Well luckily the rain stopped by the morning. But it was still really....I mean really cold. Packing up a wet tent in cold weather is GREAT for your hands. The only way to get warm is to hike. And that I did. The hiking is getting a lot more difficult but with it is very beautiful scenery all around. Climbing and decending ridges around lakes up in alpine country with vibrant fall colors is rewarding but when you stop to rake a break it gets cold fast. So short breaks were taken and hiked into the night. Tonights hike was up twenty switchbacks to a potential campsite hopefully. When we got there there was a small lake and we camped there for the night and set up our wet tents and by the time they were set up all the moisture froze instantly. And then Spins saw eyes. I was to cold to care and so was she so I fell asleep and it was really cold. But I had all my clothes on and slept alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment