Monday, October 1, 2012

Beautiful Scenic Day - Mile 2399.5 - 9/30

So the other type of day is when you wake up and there is no fog and the day turns out beautiful. It's the day before October and it's sunny 70 degrees with a cool light wind. This is perfect fall weather. In the morning it was pretty much uphill but I came to a wonderful spring which I haunt seen many of recently. I continued along uphill for the rest of the morning and with the clear sky could see actually see Rainer in the distance! It was pretty exciting out of the big three mountains (Adams, St. Helen, and Rainer) I finally saw one of them! With such a nice day and so much uphill I took it easy and ended up yet again hiking into the night this time until around ten pm. Just like the beginning of the day, the end had a bunch of steep uphills as well but nothing to serious. With the dark it was impossible (not really night hiking demotivates me pretty quickly) to find the spot to camp near the lake so i made due with a little spot on the aide of the trail. Tomorrow morning is Snoqualmie Pass and more importantly a bunch of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment