Monday, September 3, 2012

Brrr - Mile 1770.4 - 8/27

It was dark as hell and freezing cold. I rolled over to hear stomping and saw a light heading past. Flagman flew through and I figured he camped around the highway a halfmile back. Only problem was it's 4:30 am! So he was my first alarm clock to get up early, my phone going off a half hour later.

"Spins it's time to wake up and it's cold!" Her reply, "it's still dark out"... We both slept in until thee sun came out and got to hiking around 9am. It was still quite chilly and I hiked for a bit before getting near a lake campground with a water fountain, the first water in a bunch of miles, and last water for a few as well. For as forested as Oregon has been, water is few and far between. The rest of the day was relatively uneventful and because of my late start I had to hike into the night to get the 26 miles I planned done. The destination was a shelter with a well which is a rarity on this trail. I was excited for the shelter and guaranteed water (the well water was the only water for a lot of miles in each direction). It was a little before 9pm when I got in and a candle was burning on the picnic table outside the shelter. Navi and Diesel were finishing up dinner and Flagman was out cold in the shelter. The shelter was full (of people and mice) so I tented. Flagman planned on heading out at 3am and Diesel planned on waking up around 5am so I should have no problem waking up earlier tomorrow morning. Also its getting really cold out at night and in the morning, don't get me wrong I enjoy it when I'm in my sleeping bag but my fingers don't as much when I have to pack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment