Friday, August 17, 2012

Wildfires Everywhere! - Mile 1545.5 - 8/14

Luckily the bears around the crags isn't follow me to the campsite although there was a late night visitor, probably a deer. Indiana Toad and Chocolate Chipmunk who we passed by late night at the water came strolling through and I headed out shortly thereafter. It was windy last night and as Chocolate Chipmunk passed by she said wonder where this smokes coming from. Wherever it was coming from it smelt strong an the smoke was quite thick, so thick it was hard to breathe hiking up the ridge. It was hazy as well and it was a shame because through the haze was a beautiful view. The entire area was very scenic minus the smog.

I arrived at a wonderful cold spring for lunch and continued on. My feet knees and shins were starting to act up. I don't have to heavy of a pack and I have been walking on rather flat terrain so I don really know why they are aching. Spins and I got to the last water before the road and litered up making my pack way heavier. My legs were pretty shot, I wanted to do a 30 mile day today but my body was saying hell no. We got to the road and Indiana Toad and Chocolate Chipmunk were camped there so we joined them for the night. I gulped down some ibuprofen and went to sleep, I hope my legs and feet feel better tomorrow because those last few miles sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment