Sunday, August 12, 2012

Where's There's Smoke - mile 1373.5 - 8/5

Woke up and walked over to Drakesbad with Papasmurf, Neon, Onnamove, Scooter, Spins, and a few others to get the leftovers of the breakfast buffet. Pancakes, cereal, sausage, toast, coffee, and eggs for breakfast...we were all happy campers. Then after hiking out, the day went to shit. It was exposed, hot, an smokey. I had an open blister on my heel right under the strap and also had some horrendous chaffing (of the ass variety). The smoke we hiked past was from a small fire started by the lightning storm last night. This fire thing is beginning a way to common theme...hopefully not in the future. So with 10ish miles left I had a slow limp from the heel and a short stride from the chaffing and my left arm's nerves were aching. I was moving painfully slow and was absolutely miserable. I hobbled into camp defeated, the Canadian couple and Spins were there and I promptly put my ass right in the stream next to camp. It stung something fierce and I did some trail laundry in the creek, now I was happy just for the fact that the day was over. A 30 mike waterless stretch was up ahead and boy was I excited to be miserable again!

No comments:

Post a Comment