Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tehachapi - 6/9-6/12

Tehachapi was a slightly spread out town but had all the essentials for a thru-hiker and then some. Relatively cheap and crappy motel-check, multiple local good food-check, burger king- check, and cheap grocery store - check.

My personal favorite thing about Tehachapi was their small local German influenced bakery. This place had a grand assortment of handmade deliciousness. I could go on and on about how good the food was each time I ate there. There was also a very exposing sushi restaurant I ate at the first night.

I planned on leaving Monday morning after shipping out the two next resupplies but heat distracted us that day and then Spins ended up with a fever and a swollen throat and hives everywhere so we spent another day in town to make sure she didn't die. The picture below I of the food I'll be eating the next twenty two days. It was so hard trying to buy all that food at once an in my head trying to manage the amount I'll carry each resupply because it's for the Sierra Nevada mountain range which is steep as hell and pretty tough so resupplying smart and light was necessary.

Finally got out of town Wed. mid-morning back to the trail and it's hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment