Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Saufleys (still) 6/2-3

Spent two other days here at the Saufles while Spins' foot healed and was able to get to know the people who volunteer around this place pretty well. They are also quite knowledgeable a far as looking/planning ahead on the trail and made it much easier for me to configure and plan for my resupply strategy for the Sierras. I watched countless classic movies for a couple days, tested most of the local eats around town, and relaxed in a very comforting environment. I can't thank The Saufleys and everyone else who volunteers there I cannot thank enough for being flexible and welcoming. In the pictures are the entrance to the hiker trailer at the Saufleys where you can escape the heat in the air conditioning as well as their backyard where you can see camping further back. (minus the large white tents I slept in and helped disassemble due to slower pace of hikers coming through).

No comments:

Post a Comment