Thursday, June 7, 2012

500 Miles Down - Mile 511.7 - 6/6

Today was a relatively easy day due to the nice weather and terrain. The high didn't get above 80 which is still extremely low for this time of year and I couldn't be happier. Right before lunch I passed the 500 mile mark (which there were three of). The marker is usually made of stones or sticks and this one was stones as you can see from the picture. I am starting to get back into actual desert terrain and the water sources have been slightly further away and are mainly large water tanks used for wildfires. While I am headed for the desert again today was an exception became I spent a majority of it under trees on mountain ridgelines which provided a almost chilly feeling! It was nice to get under tree canopy though because tomorrow I get to hike the flat and hot aqueduct for 30ish miles on the desert floor. Hopefully the temperature stays the way it's been but it's warm tonight which means it'll be warmer tomorrow. Irregardless it won't be over 100 degrees like it usually is so I can't really complain. Got over twenty miles done today an plan on keeping that consistent up until the Sierras so another good day completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment